Regular and punctual attendance is vitally important in raising achievement and developing the potential of our pupils. Home and school must work together to ensure the children feel safe and secure about coming to school and know the routines clearly.
Please help us by ensuring that your child arrives at school on time, dressed in school uniform and having had a healthy breakfast, so that they get a really good start to the day.
Children don’t enjoy being late to school or being left at the end of each day waiting for their parents
Reporting an absence
If your child is too ill to attend school, please ring us before the start of each school day where they will be absent on.
Courtney Road Campus – 01454 865222
Mulberry Drive Campus – 01454 865340
Requesting a known absence:
If you wish to request a term-time absence, please put your request in writing to the Headteacher explaining the length and nature of the absence.
Absence can be authorised if:
- The pupil is ill or prevented from attending by unavoidable cause.
- The absence occurs so that the pupil could take place in a religious observance set apart by the religious body to which the parent/carer belongs.
- The school at which the child is registered is not within walking distance of the child’s home and no suitable transport, boarding accommodation arrangements or alternative school placement have been made by the LA.
- The pupil is the child of Traveller parents/carers
- There is a family bereavement.
- The pupil is involved in an exceptional special occasion (to be determined by the school).
Absence will be counted as unauthorised if:
- No explanation is forthcoming. The school should be informed on the first day of any absence and the reason and expected length of absence given.
- The school is dissatisfied with the explanation.
- The pupil stays at home to mind the house or look after siblings.
- The pupil is shopping during school hours.
- The pupil is absent for unexceptional special occasions.
- The pupil is away from school on a family holiday.
Click on the link below for our full attendance policy.