We are based at the NHLC, Courtney Road Campus. We have provision for up to fifteen children, all of whom have a range of needs including behaviour, emotional, social and mental health difficulties.
Expectations of learning, teaching and behaviour are exactly the same as for any mainstream school. Therefore, with this in mind, the learning opportunities offer an appropriate programme of education to meet individual needs. The curriculum offers a broad and balanced National Curriculum:
- Literacy, Numeracy, Science, Design Technology & ICT
- PSHME, Citizenship, & Emotional Literacy
- History and Geography delivered through Topic Work, Art, Music & RE
- Outdoor Activities, swimming and PE
- On admissions all children will undertake an initial assessment to inform staff how best to plan for your child’s personalised learning programme.
- An Individual placement plan will be set up as soon as possible after your child has settled into the Unit and this will be discussed with you.
- To provide inclusive learning and teaching approaches, differentiating the work as necessary in order to remove any barriers to achievement
- To arrange/attend, as appropriate, the annual review of your child’s statement, regular reviews of the placement plan, multi-agency and case conferences concerning your child
- To have regular contact with you regarding your child’s progress
How Parents/Carers Can Help
- To work with us and your child to support and encourage him/her in learning appropriate ways of behaving and socialising so that he/she can enjoy, achieve and make a positive contribution to the community
- To contact us if you have any worries or concerns about your child