We are a small secondary school for students who have social, emotional and mental health needs – based at the NHLC, Mulberry Drive Campus. We have provision for up to 35 children, all of whom have a primary need of behaviour, emotional, social and mental health issues. All students are supported by our staff in a structured programme and curriculum, enabling them to reach their potential.
- On admissions all children will undertake an initial assessment to inform staff how best to plan for your child’s personalised learning programme.
- An Individual placement plan will be set up as soon as possible after your child has settled into the school and this will be discussed with you.
- To provide inclusive learning and teaching approaches, differentiating the work as necessary in order to remove any barriers to achievement
- To arrange/attend, as appropriate, the annual review of your child’s statement, regular reviews of the placement plan, multi-agency and case conferences concerning your child
- To have regular contact with you regarding your child’s progress
How Parents/Carers Can Help
- To work with us and your child to support and encourage him/her in learning appropriate ways of behaving and socialising so that he/she can enjoy, achieve and make a positive contribution to the community
- To contact us if you have any worries or concerns about your child