STARTING SCHOOL AT NHLC
NHLC is a local authority (LA) special school for pupils at key Stages 2, 3 and 4, who exhibit social, emotional and mental health needs as indicated by:
- withdrawn or disruptive behaviour
- a marked and persistent inability to concentrate
- signs of considerable frustration or distress in relation to learning
- difficulties in establishing and maintaining balanced relationships with peers or adults
- any other evidence of a significant delay in the development of life and social skills
It is expected that the LA will have completed either a statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) prior to the admission of a child to NHLC, except in the case of an assessment place being requested.
The admission of pupils is delegated to the Headteacher by the Governing Body.
If you would like to look around our school, please ring the school office on: 01454 865222 or email: email@example.com
Click on the link below for our full Admissions policy.
Admission policy 2020